Friday, May 7, 2010

Who is the Wounded Healer

The doctor is effective only when he himself is affected. Only the wounded physician heals. But when the doctor wears his personality like a coat of armor, he has no effect.
- Carl Jung: Wounded Healer of the Soul.


WHO IS THE WOUNDED HEALER

Many articles and books have been written about 'The Wounded Healer.' It is the person who has gone through suffering, sometimes great, and as a result of that process has become a source of great wisdom, healing power and inspiration for others. In fact, the archetypal wounded healer undergoes a transformation as a result of their wound, their suffering and pain. They can actually transcend it, and successfully lead themselves to a path of service. It is as if the wound itself helps you drive yourself to an inner journey that becomes the transformation itself. One strips away the selfish, ego-based feeling of being all alone in our wound and expands to see others and how if one chooses a different role, one can help.
- Anonymous


This is what I believe I've been called to do...
To be a
wounded healer and to suffer the wounds of life to mend others and to better understand.

So here I am to share with you all that I am, all that I have been through, my story, my journey, my life...

All for the Glory of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment